We are on the hunt to find Brisbane’s Worst Kitchen!
Although we have found our five finalists we need your help to select our People’s Choice winners from the five.
Introducing – Karen of Woodridge
Karen is the proud owner of this lovely townhouse. Nestled within a larger complex it has served her well over the years. She has purchased and looked after the property on her wage alone and is looking for all the help she can get to ensure the security of her nest egg for both her and her family’s future.
Having a close family has certainly helped over the years as her two sons have assisted Karen to update the house bit by bit. A new deck and patio roof have been installed, along with the floors and a few splashes of paint. But the heart of the home has seen better days.
Since buying the property in 2003, Karen has seen to it that the house has been well looked after, unfortunately love can only go so far and the kitchen is starting to show the effects of countless family meals being prepared in a rather small space. It would be a dream come true if Karen was able to breathe some new light into the kitchen and allow the home to come into its full potential.
Some of Karen’s wishes for the space include; -To make the space more user friendly and durable
– Replace the cabinets and draws that are missing and falling apart with age
– Replace the stove and have a proper range hood installed, as you can imagine in a small property such as this, any fumes engulf the whole house very quickly without proper air extraction.
– Update the look of the kitchen
– Have a pantry within the kitchen
– Co-ordinate the adjacent cupboards and laundry (nestled opposite the dining table) to create a better flowing more usable family space