When Darren began this project the owners wanted this space to create impact. So he created a layout that placed the work rooms (including a scullery, laundry and office) behind the main kitchen. This design feature ensured that the kitchen is a clean and minimalist showpiece that acts as a backdrop to the open plan living area.
Darren used Staron® in Aspen Glacier on the island bench that is the centre piece of the kitchen design. A seamless Staron® breakfast bar is also cleverly positioned and tucked away enough as not to detract from the overall design while still providing a functional designated meals area for the client’s young children. The non porous and renewable nature of Staron® made it the perfect surface solution.
The white-on-white colour scheme has been created with the use of Resene ‘Black White’ lacquer cabinetry and ‘Aspen Glacier’ Staron®benchtops. Their combined use gives the kitchen a crisp, seamless look that was highly sought after. “Staron® was selected as the material of choice for its seamless appeal and extreme durability”, Darren says.
Job Spec & Features
- Staron® Fabricator: Inform
- DOORS: Resene ‘Black White’ Resene ‘Wet Cement’ (feature border)
- HARDWARE: Blum
- HANDLES:Hafele reverse rebate; custom stainless steel folded finger pull (wall oven); Solu finger recess (under overheads)
- SPLASHBACK: Stainless Steel & Miramax
- KICKBASES: colour Matched
- OVEN: Miele
- COOKTOP: Miele Induction
- STEAM OVEN: Miele
- DISHWASHER: Miele Full Integrated