- East Brisbane Studio
- Residential Interior Design & Construction
- Lead Designer Role
We’re looking to hire an experienced Interior Designer to join the Darren James team.
- are passionate, energetic, have a killer eye for design detail and have super organised project management skills to match
- are detail-oriented and know how to communicate well
- manage projects from start to finish under the direction of our co-founder and Creative Directors, Darren James & Elissa Greer (note this collaborative approach is what takes our projects to the next level and therefore being open to direction is a must)
- manage the administration of multiple design projects and are responsible for ensuring the process runs smoothly from beginning to end
- use REVIT, Adobe Photoshop and BuilderTrend every single day
- communicate and coordinate closely with various Darren James team members to ensure everything comes together for project delivery
- need to be up to date with the latest materials, hardware, finishes, furnishings as well as what’s trending in the industry, this is how we ensure we stay ahead of the curve!
THE ROLE –
- You will be creating, managing and implementing every step of client projects to ensure the job runs smoothly from beginning to end by following our detailed and documented in house processes
- You will be sourcing products and materials, communicating with suppliers and contractors, creating mood boards, surveying properties with accuracy and detail, designing concept boards, completing detailed drawings for construction, problem-solving, and handling project installations
- You will not just be pulling schemes and arranging scatter cushions (although you definitely need to know how to do that!), in this role you will be modelling, drawing and documenting and will need to have a solid understanding of joinery and construction
- You will be meeting with clients, talking with vendors and contractors, collaborating with other designers on the team as well as communicating with our project manager and site and project teams
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE –
- 3+ years of professional residential interior design experience
- Strong REVIT skills (Enscape a plus!)
- Adobe Illustrator skills and Photoshop skills
- Strong knowledge of trade sources and suppliers – materials, finishes, hardware, furnishings, etc.
- Extreme attention to detail – a MUST
- Great communication and experience consulting directly with clients
- Confidence and ability to communicate your ideas clearly
- Strong leadership, self-motivation and great multi-tasking skills
- The ability to work with a team and take direction
- A great / positive attitude – no egos here please (only team players are welcome!)
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are absolutely necessary for this position
The Commitment –
This is a very fast-paced environment and there is no denying we expect a very high level of work from our team. So yes, we work hard but always ensure we have the best fun whilst doing it! This is a positive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with the utmost respect.
Please send resume and your portfolio to email@example.com