Location: East Brisbane
Full time – 40 hours per week – STUDIO BASED ROLE
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Contracts Administrator / Estimator with excellent interpersonal communication skills and experience in Residential Construction.
- Undertake accurate take-offs.
- Preparation of accurate bill of quantities for residential housing builds and renovations
- Produce estimates and confidently present construction quotes to our clients
- Maintain supplier information and pricing schedules to ensure the most current information is recorded.
- Produce purchase orders for the supply of labour and materials and coordinate deliveries in association with Site Supervisors and others as required.
- Maintain standard contact lists as well as subcontractor and supplier rate sheets.
- Maintain company margins
- Complete set tasks and achieve job targets within designated time frames
- Offer technical support to team members and design staff
- Maintain organised files and appropriate documentation of completed work.
- Supervise multiple projects from estimating to hand-over
- Communicate effectively with all key stakeholders including homeowners
- Understand scope of works, engineering specifications and drawings
- Possess the ability to solve problems promptly and have a can-do attitude
- Communicate with subcontractors to make sure all standards, regulations and codes are met. Whether this be quality, costs, schedules, or safety issues.
- Completion of Site-Specific Risk Assessments and reviewing subcontractor SWMS’s and work procedures.
- Liase with relevant consultants including certifies, engineers, town planning
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
- Relevant qualification in Building/Construction/Estimating and/or trade experience is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in an equivalent estimating role, and preferably within home building industry.
- Current knowledge of Builder Trend software favourable but not a necessity.
- Analytical and very precise in your processes and possess the ability to think fast and solve problems.
- Confidence and ability to foster and develop professional working relationships with various trades, suppliers, and other team members.
- Highly customer and outcome focused and have a true passion and drive to succeed in the position.
- Ability to resolving issues and queries in the enquiry stage with our designers
- Ability to realistically advise on budget issues
- Excellent understanding of residential construction methods especially renovations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively liaise with all stakeholders of the business
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player that gets along well with colleagues and has the ability to also work autonomously
- Current QBCC Site Supervisor licence mandatory with trade background being advantageous but not a necessity.