Quotation – Pricing & Freight
- Unless otherwise stated ONE INSTALLATION has been allowed in the above selections
- Quoted items are valid for 7 days from date of issue & are based on quantities outlined.
- If this quotation is not approved and subsequent deposit invoice not paid within 14 days, Darren James Interiors reserves the right to pass on any price increases on selected items. Further, if a selected item becomes unavailable after that 14-day period, the client will be charged any price difference on that new item (after email confirmation), along with our standard hourly rate for the time involved in reselection, as nominated in our signed Letter Of Engagement.
- Changes to items in this quote may affect pricing and may need to be re-quoted.
- Both the Selections Document and Quotation requires signature which is then binding.
- Freight quotes are generally combined by Supplier and pricing will include all items from that supplier.
- Freight prices have been consolidated by each supplier and are charged at cost.
- Freight prices include white glove service which includes unpacking and rubbish removal and assembly, unless otherwise noted.
- Prices in the quotation don’t include (unless specified) (1) Any statutory tax, including any GST duty or impost levied in respect of the Goods and not allowed for by us in calculating the price; or (2) Costs and charges in relation to insurance, packing (other than our standard packing), crating, delivery (whether by road, rail, ship or air) and export of the Goods.
- International Purchases – furnishings sourced internationally are generally liable for duties, taxes and import fees. Whilst we do our best to estimate these costs at the time of quoting, some costs are unknown until the time of import and are therefore subject to change. Any changes to the exchange rates, freight costs, import duties, fees will be on charged to the client as variation to the Furnishings Quote.
- You shall pay any variations in the invoice or contract price as a consequence of currency fluctuations.
- Darren James Pty Ltd require a 60% deposit for all furnishings including shipping charges and taxes (if applicable) at the time of acceptance and or final selections approved and signed, with the final 40% due six to eight weeks prior to delivery or installation.
- If the timeline for the delivery and installation is short or the items are required to be purchased in full on placement of orders, then we may request 100% payment upfront and will in turn notify you as soon as practically possible.
- Darren James Pty Ltd accepts payment by cash, direct transfer, and cheque or select credit cards including VISA, MasterCard, Bankcard. Purchases that are processed via credit card will be subject to an additional 1.5% fee to be paid at the time of processing the credit card payment.
Receipt of Goods
- At the time of receiving your goods and or installation by Darren James Pty Ltd, you will be required to inspect the goods and confirm your goods have been received and you are satisfied they are in perfect condition. All goods are inspected by Darren James Pty Ltd at the time of delivery. Any issues in relation to the condition of an item must be raised at the time of delivery, as claims with our suppliers will not be accepted once goods are received.
- In the event that a client is either not ready to accept receipt of goods, or delays receipt of the goods as per the scheduled delivery and install dates, Darren James Pty Ltd will arrange storage on the clients behalf and this will be charged to you at a quoted amount
- Storage fees will need to be settled monthly or prior to delivery depending on which comes first
- Storage is a service that is outsourced by Darren James Pty Ltd and will include insurance costs whilst the goods are in storage
- Orders that are delivered cannot be returned or exchanged unless they are faulty in which case Darren James Pty Ltd will coordinate the replacement.
- Should you choose to return any item once it’s been ordered, it is strictly at the suppliers discretion and subject to their re-stocking and handling fee as well as Darren James Pty Ltd time to coordinate and attend to the return.
- Custom orders are not restock-able or returnable.
- All lead times that are available at the time of presenting this quotation and are subject to change.
- All lead times are as accurate as possible and whilst we endeavour to meet anticipated lead times, Darren James Pty Ltd will not be responsible for extensions to lead times which, for various reasons may occur outside of our control.
- When delivery is quoted this will not include unpacking and rubbish removal and assembly, unless otherwise noted. Darren James Interiors provide an installation service which will be quoted separately.
- Access limitations must be advised at the time of placing the order as deliveries that cannot take place due to access limitations are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- In the event that goods cannot be delivered due to access limitations, a suitable time for re-delivery will need to be arranged. In addition to the delivery charge associated with the unsuccessful delivery, a return to warehouse delivery charge and re-delivery charge may be payable depending on the supplier, each equal to the value of the original delivery charge. In the event that the original delivery either was included in the cost of the goods, or was waived, the return and re-delivery charges will be calculated and invoiced.
- Colour changes in all materials, be it wood, lacquer, glass, fabric or leather may occur over time and so in cases of completed works, or replacements, any difference in tone that may occur shall not be grounds for consideration or return of the product
Warranties & Guarantees
- Available on request where a warranty or guarantee applies.